Saturday, June 11, 2011

Reclaimed Pressed Cardboard Project

    We have a fascinating customer who is re-doing their home with creative ideas and trying to focus on being Eco-friendly.  Fortunately for us, that meant she was dropping off some of her unused materials, including this pressed cardboard counter top.  This stuff is heavy but easy to work with so we were more than happy to add it to the project list.
     A year later, we finally uncovered it from our in-door junk yard.  My partner, the gifted wood worker and creative reclaimer, made this fabulous work space with it.  It is pretty enough to use as a kitchen island but also very functional in a work shop.  I personally tested the latter.  It was the perfect height for me with my sign projects.  Usually I'm bent over a makeshift something-or-other that is never even remotely ergonomically correct.  So, for a short period of time, I went home with straight back.
     Ever since my stop-sign-red dresser paint job, I've been dying to do another 'red' something.  The pressed cardboard has a great textural look so a red seemed the perfect compliment.
     What color would you have chosen?


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Please tell me what you think!
-Bethanie