Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Crate Shelving

OK, I know it is not a huge transformation but what I really wanted to point out was the painting technique I used. I had a little bit of my favorite yellow left but it wasn't enough to do a coat and I wasn't really looking forward to the whole inside/outside thing. I cheated. I diluted it with an equal ratio of water and did more of a wash. One thin coat was sufficient to give it enough color.
Admittedly, I am very cheap when it comes to putting any purchased product into our pieces because we want to keep the prices as low as possible. I usually find my paint at garage sales but the season is pretty limited here and used paint is not thought of as having a resale value. So, I have been buying it through gritted teeth until I discovered Rust-Oleum. The American Accents line is fantastic - a little bit goes a long way and the consistency is great. (No, I'm not getting paid, yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please tell me what you think!